MiaRec configuration for Metaswitch call recording
1. Configure SIPREC recording interface
In MiaRec web portal, navigate to Administration -> System -> Recording interfaces.
- Enable "SIPREC" recording interface.
- Disable all other recording interfaces if you do not use them.
Click the Configure link for SIPREC interface.
- Check Enable SIPREC recording.
- Change parameters Signaling UDP port and Signaling TCP port according to the port configuration in Metaswitch SBC. By default MiaRec is listening on port 5080 for both TCP and UDP signaling data.
- If MiaRec server is located behind NAT, then specify Public Ip-address which is used by Metaswitch SBC to establish SIPREC connection. Make sure that port forwarding is configured properly on your NAT router. If MiaRec server and Metaswitch SBC are in the same network, then leave this parameter empty.
- If necessary, change default values of UDP port range for RTP media packets. Edit parameters Begin RTP port range and End RTP port range. Make sure that the port range is large enough for anticipated number of concurrently recorded calls. One concurrent call requires one UDP port for single media stream recording and two UDP ports for dual media stream recording.
Make sure that firewall is configured properly and inbound connections on SIP signaling and RTP ports are permitted. See Firewall configuration.
2. Configure extension mapping setting
- Navigate in MiaRec web portal to Administration -> System -> Recording rules and click Edit Configuration.
- Change Extension is ... to Metaswitch extension.
- Click Save.
3. Enable multi-tenancy
- Navigate in MiaRec web portal to Administration -> Customization-> Multitenancy and click Edit Configuration.
- Make sure Multitenancy is enabled.
- Click Save
4. Create new tenant (customer)
Navigate in MiaRec web portal to Administration -> User management -> Tenants and click Add Tenant.
- Set tenant name.
- Allocate licenses for this tenant.
5. Create/edit role permissions
MiaRec supports role-based access control with granular permissions. You can create such roles as administrator, supervisor, agent, etc. See Understanding roles and permissions.
6. Create users for web-access
Check also Automatic user provisioning.
Inside Tenant account, select Users tab and click Add user.
In Web access settings section, specify Login and Password for this user.