4. Configure Elastic IP address
An Elastic IP address is a public IPv4 address, which is reachable from the Internet. An Elastic IP address is associated with your AWS account. With an Elastic IP address, you can mask the failure of an instance or software by rapidly remapping the address to another instance in your account.
We need to create an Elastip IP address for each MiaRec instance as both of them will be accessible from the Internet.
To allocate Elastic IP address:
- Open the Amazon EC2 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2
- Select Elastic IP address in the left pane and click Allocate new address
- Once the IP address is allocated, select it in a list and choose Associate address from Actions drop-down.
- Associate the IP address with EC2 instances.
- Repeat these steps for the second EC2 instance.